Tuesday, January 13, 2015

GOOD COFFEE & MY POOR ACHING KNEES

January 13, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

On weekends, Barry brews Starbucks coffee with breakfast.  This morning (Sunday) I drank a large cup of the delicious beverage, savoring the taste.  I could easily get addicted to it.

While I read the newspaper, Barry went to Ingle's supermarket in Chatsworth to stock up on food and drinks for the upcoming week.  While there, Barry filled the tank of his car with gasoline at Ingle's gas pumps.  The gas price was so low, when he returned home, he drove his truck and filled it's tank also.

After lunch, Barry took an artificial flower arrangement to the cemetery for my late husband, and his dad's grave.  He made pictures with his "smart phone" so I could see the flowers on the grave.

My name and information about me is engraved on Ralph's tombstone, with only the date of my death to be added.  When I see the engraving, I feel uneasy.  I guess if I live to be 100 years old, I'll feel the same way.  Same things said about life, "Once is not enough", and, I agree!

The weather forecast is for bad weather tonight and tomorrow.  I'm hoping they are wrong as Tam is suppose to take me tomorrow to my primary care doctor to have shots put in my aching knees.  I'm praying the shots will give me some relief of the severe pain.

Monday... Tam drove me to my doctor's office this morning.  The weather was horrible, cold and foggy.  My poor old bones ached from it.  I got the shots for my knees and am hoping they bring me relief.  I can have more shots in 3 months if it helps.  I pray they will work.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home