Monday, February 02, 2015

BUSY WEEK

February 2, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

I have been very busy this past week.  First, I had an appointment with my blood doctor in Calhoun, Georgia.  Barry drove us to the doctor's beautiful new office.  We didn't have to wait long before being taken to the lab where I was given a blood test.  Then, we were taken to a patient room where shortly, the doctor and his new assistant entered the room.  He told me my blood test was great and I would only need a blood test every three months and a visit with him or his assistant in six months.  That was a relief as I always worry about the blood test.  He asked if I was still taking vitamin B12 and exercising.  I told him I was taking the vitamin daily and walking a lot now.  He told me to continue with what I was doing.  Sometimes I don't really feel like walking, but I kept walking.  So, it's rewarding to know that it is paying off.

Another day this past week, Tam drove me to the Dalton hearing center where I had an appointment with my audiologist, regarding my hearing aides.  She took me through an in depth ear examination which was uncomfortable.  She told me my right hearing aide has stopped working and wasn't amplifying at all, which explains my recent hearing problems.  Fortunately, the hearing aides are still under warranty so she was able to return it to the manufacturer to be repaired.  I am using the left hearing aide which works fine.  I am able to hear at least as well as I did while wearing the right hearing aide, since it wasn't working.  The hearing aide should be returned in about two weeks.  At that time, she will regulate both hearing aides and I should hear better which will be great.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home