Monday, March 16, 2015

THE REACH IT ROD

March 16, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Son, Barry and I are having problems adjusting to the daylight saving time change.  It usually takes us about two weeks to start feeling "normal" again.

Spring is almost here.  The heavy rains we've had lately has plants and trees budding out, and is beginning to send the dreadful pollen in the air.  We like living in an area that has four distinct seasons.  Despite the pollen and my past spring bouts with pneumonia for a couple of years, I guess spring is our favorite season here in Georgia's high country.

Last night (Friday), Barry cooked us a delicious supper.  He sauteed catfish fillets in his electric skillet.  I can't eat fried food any more.  Barry's fish fillets were just as delicious as fried fish.  He also baked potatoes, wrapped in foil, in the oven and they melted in our mouths.

Barry is becoming a good cook.  He says at first he started cooking because I'm no longer able to.  He has learned how to have all the foods he is cooking to be ready to eat all at the same time.  He chills our large tea glasses, and just before we eat, he pours freshly brewed tea over ice filled glasses.  Barry is a perfectionist so he will continue to cook new foods, I predict.

I want to pay tribute to a gadget that Barry and I call "The Reach It Rod".  I use it several times a day when I want some item I can't reach from my recliner.  I am unable to walk without a walker which is frustrating.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

1 Comments:

Blogger bobbi butler said...

i am having a "addict reading" of all of the blogs, I am behind the times since I did not know these were there. I want to read them all, but not tonight.
Thanks for keeping on writing O.
We enjoyed our visit with you today. Hope we can do that again soon! Hope I can tell you that I am writing again. Hugs, Bobbi

April 20, 2015 at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home