Wednesday, April 08, 2015

WHY ME, LORD?

April 8, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Sometimes I think I'm like Kristofferson's song, "Why me, Lord?"  I don't know what I've ever done to deserve to have son Barry, and Tam, caregiver and personal assistant and friend, taking care of me in my old age.

Barry starts my days off right with my medicines and his delicious oatmeal and a tiny glass of orange juice.  Then on weekends, he brews me a large cup of Starbucks coffee.

He works hard all day at his job and then cooks me a good supper every night.  He's off on Fridays and on that night he cooks a delicious fish dinner for us to enjoy.

I thank God for giving me a view of the picturesque farm just below our foot hill with its large pond and barn, with the mountains just beyond.  I love the mountains and I have lived near them all of my life except for the four years my late husband, Ralph and I lived in Florida.

And, I hope I never have to live without Tam in my life.  She is a jewel.  Among her many talents is sewing and she does alterations for my clothes.  She also takes care of business and personal matters for me and fixes me delicious lunches.  And the list goes on....  She is an extraordinary woman.  Then, she is an excellent typist who types these blogs and re-types my novels to be published.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home