Monday, March 30, 2015

MY HOME RUN

March 30, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

When Tam arrived for the day recently, she asked me how I felt.  I told her I had an "interesting" dream the previous night.  I don't have an "athletic" bone in my body, but in my vivid dream, I was playing baseball with a professional team and had knocked a home run clean out of the park.  Tam laughed so hard I was afraid she would bust a gut.  Now, when Tam arrives in the morning, she will ask if I've knocked any more home runs and that thought brings on another laughing spell.

Tam drove me to Dalton to see my eye doctor last week.  I had to have my eyes dilated which I detest as I feel so helpless until it wears off.  My eyes are in good condition and free of diseases, but my vision at a distance isn't very good.  Since I don't drive any more the doctor didn't think I needed any changes with my glasses.

The trip to Dalton on the "scenic drive" was a delight as so many trees and plants are in full bloom and is a treat for the eyes.

Sunday afternoon:  When we woke up this morning the temperature outside was 24 degrees.  Now at 4 pm the temperature is 61 degrees with bright sunshine.

Barry examined our pear tree and it doesn't appear to be damaged.  He thinks we'll have a "bumper crop" of pears which he will give to co-workers.  I'm not able to eat them due to my IBS, and Barry doesn't care much for them.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home