Monday, April 27, 2015

FRIDAYS

April 27, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

On this Saturday afternoon, I am alone and my mind is thinking back on yesterday, Friday.  I don't know how it came about, but Fridays are my favorite days in my old age.  Barry doesn't work on Fridays and we sleep later in the morning.  After eating the delicious oatmeal Barry prepares for me, I slowly drink a large cup of Starbucks coffee.  Then, I return, with Barry's help to my sitting room where I read the morning newspaper.

Tam arrives at 9 am and after our morning chat, we begin our routine.  She helps me shower and she shampoos my hair.  When I'm dressed, she dries my hair and after lunch she curls and sets my hair with a curling iron before leaving.  Tam is indeed a "jewel" and I don't know what I would do without her.

Then, at supper time, Barry prepares fresh catfish fillets in the electric skillet.  He removes the baked potatoes from the oven along with rolls.  A crisp green salad would make the dinner perfect, but unfortunately it would also trigger a painful IBS attack for me.  We have chocolate chip cookies, the only "safe" dessert I'm able to eat.  Sometimes Barry eats cheesecake for his dessert.  Barry has a "cast iron" stomach which he inherited from his dad.

I'm ready for a good nights sleep by 9 pm and I thank the good Lord for another perfect Friday with Barry and Tam's help.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home