Monday, May 05, 2014

SPRING TIME IN ALL ITS GLORY IS IN NORTH GEORGIA

May 5, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

The spring weather here in North Georgia would be perfect if it wasn't for the allergies that plague so many of us during this time of nature's new growth.  I've always thought the green grass and the trees and foliage in the spring here is the most vivid green I've ever seen.

This spring our pear tree escaped the frosts and Barry says we'll have a bumper crop of pears this year.  Last year, Barry took bags of pears to his shop.  He says his co-workers devoured them.  At least one of his co-workers told Barry his wife made preserves with them.  And, our friend, Kym and her mother, Peggy, made preserves and gave us a jar which were delicious.  But Kym said they wouldn't ever make them again, as it was so much trouble.

Years ago I tried to make preserves with the pears.  I carefully followed a recipe but they were a big flop.  I don't cook any more so I won't be trying to make preserves again.

I am still doing my exercises every day.  The home health nurse visits me once a week.  She said last week she would have the occupational therapist visit me this week to show me some exercises to do with my arthritic hands.

I am still taking shower baths by myself on the weekends.  I feel a little nervous thinking about it but once I'm in the shower, I'm fine.  I still like having Tam in the bathroom with me.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home