Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SPRING IS BUSTING OUT HERE IN GEORGIA MOUNTAIN COUNTRY, BUT SON, BARRY & I ARE TOO SICK TO ENJOY IT

March 18, 2014
By Olivene Godfrey
Spring is busting out here in Georgia's mountain country.  Our pear tree (which bears delicious fruit) and the forsythia bushes are blooming and there are buds on the trees.  All of this pollen in the air is causing we allergy sufferers to feel lousy.  We wonder if the signs of spring are too soon.  We still have the spell of dogwood winter, blackberry winter, Easter spell and a few more mornings for ole Jack Frost to visit us.

Some kind of "spell" has Barry and me "under the weather".  Barry has really been sick, and still is, with an upset stomach, causing nausea and diarrhea and weakness.  So far, I'm able to function but I'm not "normal" yet.  Barry said last night that he didn't know how we would have made it without Tam's help.  I hope she doesn't become sick, too.  There must be a special place in heaven for people like Tam.

Tam's daughter, Carrie, cut and set my hair last week, so I haven't had to worry with "too long" hair while I've been sick.  Please pray for us.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home