Wednesday, February 19, 2014

HINT OF SPRING IN THE AIR

February 19, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

With robins in the yard, and the jonquils poking up through the soil, and warmer days, there's definitely a hint of spring in the air here and not a moment too soon.

The home health therapists have been keeping me busy with hard work-outs.  I have sore muscles but feel good.  The therapists tell me I have to stay active or I may wind up an invalid.  I'm 86 years old but I hope to live at least 10 more years if I can remain healthy.

I've lived through so much history but I want to live to see new things invented and developed.  I don't have as many goals as I did when I was younger.  I do have one goal that I'm afraid I won't live to see come true.  That is to have at least one of my books to become a best seller.  I've had two books published and Tam is preparing another one to be published soon.  It is a World War II love story.

I have an appointment this week with my primary care doctor for a check-up.  I hope I get a good report.  I'll need a new prescription for pain as the one I've been taking since my last visit is too strong for me.  I like to feel in control of myself and not feel so drowsy.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home