Friday, February 07, 2014

A BUSY TIME

February 7, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

This has been a busy week for me, and I think the upcoming week will be, too.  Tam drove me to my dentist office one day.  As usual, we didn't have to wait but five minutes before the hygienist came for me.  No changes made and I have another appointment in six months.

The following two days, I had visits from the home health physical therapist and from the occupational therapist.  They both worked me out really hard.  I am sore today but will be more so tomorrow.  The occupational therapist had me use bar bell weights with my arms to strengthen them.  She is working to help me to dress myself.  I also walked a lot and did leg exercises which pleased the therapist.

Then yesterday, my friend and former neighbor, Genevelyn paid me a visit.  We got caught up with all of our news.  She brought us a bakery treat of pastry that we don't need but was so tasty.

Next week, I also have more therapist visits and a doctor visit scheduled.  I still have a nasty cough from my recent cold which I want to have my doctor check.

Tam, bless her, is still recovering from a sled accident she had during the recent snow.  (She was playing with her grandkids.)  And, I know it's painful for her to help me when we have a trip to take for a doctor visit, but she never complains.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home