Thursday, December 12, 2013

THOUGHTS ON MY 86TH BIRTHDAY

December 12, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

In my last post, I told about going to my doctor's clinic and she said I was losing my good bacteria and probiotics would help put them back.  Meanwhile, I am still having severe pain in my stomach at times but am continuing to take the probiotics, and pray I will improve soon.

Despite the pain, I had a good birthday on December 10th.  Barry posted on Facebook about my birthday, and I received a bunch of computer messages wishing me a Happy Birthday.

Tam gave me the gift I had requested; a picture of herself I could display in my gallery of family pictures on the wall of my sitting room.  She gave me a beautiful photograph that her daughter-in-law Angela took of her.  Barry and I think Tam's facial features in the picture reflect her Indian heritage.  Tam also took all the other pictures in my gallery home with her.  She plans to make them "look pretty" with matting and new frames.  Tam also brought a small decorated Christmas tree for my sitting room, which is very pretty.

My sister, Jeanette, sent me, as usual, a funny birthday card.  Tam, Barry and I had a good laugh when we looked at the card.  Our friend, Kym, gave me a delicious miniature birthday cake which I'm still enjoying.

Some of you may enjoy looking at Tam's new Facebook page.  If you haven't discovered it, she is listed as Tambra Little.

Barry's birthday is December 14th (yes, he was my birthday gift that year), and he's on Facebook, too.

I pray I'll feel better during the Christmas holidays this year.  Barry says my good and bad bacteria are having a battle in my gut.  I hope my good bacteria will win.  I am also eating yogurt.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

1 Comments:

Blogger Marni said...

I found your blog via a google search "fainting spells and broken tailbone." I broke my tailbone first and now suffer the fainting spells. I feel like a complete wimp and am now on Day 4 of beig bedridden.

January 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home