Monday, November 18, 2013

GENEVELYN'S VISIT, SKIN CARE, TAM'S NEW LAPTOP AND BLACK BEARS

November 17, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

Last week, Genevelyn, paid Tam and me a nice visit.  She was a good neighbor to me until she recently moved to town.  She reports that since she sold her farm and bought a house in Chatsworth, she's been happy and we're glad but miss her.

Genevelyn is good for my ego.  She always comments on my "beautiful complexion" and insists I don't look 86 years old (Tam agrees with Genevelyn).  I give the credit to genetics as my mother's skin was still beautiful when she died at age 92.  Also, avoiding the sun will keep your skin from being as wrinkled.  When we lived in Florida years ago, I had a light tan for awhile.  Then, I developed an allergy to the sun and had to stop sun bathing, which was a blessing.

Speaking of skin, Barry and I had the "winter itch" during our recent "cold snap" and he got out our large humidifier and that solved our problem.

Tam bought a new laptop computer last week and was so excited, she was a joy to behold!  As I write this on Sunday afternoon, I will be eager to hear if she played with the laptop all weekend.

Since we live at the foot of a mountain, we often see wild animals in our yard.  But, all of our neighbors - as well as Barry and me, are unhappy with the black bears that are wondering around the neighborhood.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home