Monday, November 11, 2013

I'M THANKFUL FOR SO MANY THINGS THIS THANKSGIVING

November 10, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

Among the many things I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving is life itself.  I'll be 86 years old December 10th, Lord willing, and I'm well considering all my ailments.  This past year, I had eyelid surgery which was a success as my vision and appearance have improved.

I'm thankful for my son, Barry, and for all the many things he does for me every day.  I wouldn't be able to stay in my comfortable home if I didn't have Barry to care for me.

And, thank God, I have Tam, my wonderful caregiver, friend, secretary and editor.  Because of Tam's assistance, I'm able to continue to write more, for publication.  She also helps me to shower and so much more.

And, thanks to Barry, I have a very nice sitting room at one end of my bedroom, which gives me much comfort and also privacy.

I'm also grateful to good friends (you know who you are) who do so much for me.  I'm blessed.

I was grateful this morning for our magnificent view from our front window of the sun coming up over the mountains, casting light on the pretty farm next door with its large pond and picturesque barn.

I'm grateful for the e-book I had published.  And, I hope my BIG ONE will be accepted for publication soon.  And I permit myself to daydream that it will be a best seller and make me rich and famous.  Yeah!

On a serious note, I am also thankful for my sister, Jeanette, who is the only member of my immediate family still living.  I don't see her often as neither of us drives anymore.  Tam or Barry would take me to Dalton to see her, but it's a big ordeal to go out, so most of my outings are for doctor appointments.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home