Monday, October 07, 2013

OCTOBER FAVORITE MONTH, VISITORS AND TAM'S BIRTHDAY

October 7, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

October is my favorite time of the year with it's bright blue sky and Indian Summer.  The North American Indians - native Americans depended upon periods of fine sunny weather at this time of the year to complete their harvest to see them through the winter.

As I write this (Sunday), the weather people are forecasting rain and storms for late afternoon, possibly with gusty winds and small hail.  Then, by early tomorrow cooler and breezy weather.  The winds are supposed to subside by tomorrow night, with the temperature staying comfortable in the 70's all week, which sounds nice.  The arthritis in my knees let me know rain is approaching before I hear the latest forecast.  I'm taking aleve with my electric heat pad resting on my knees.

A few days ago, Genevelyn and Troy paid me a nice visit.  Genevelyn is still enjoying living in Chatsworth in her new home.  But, Barry and I miss having her as a neighbor.  Troy brought us a pretty gardenia bouquet.  Barry plans to let it root and plant it in a pot.

Tam reports she had a good birthday on Saturday, October 5th.  Her dad and his wife took her out to supper and she received several birthday messages.  She deserves to have a happy birthday.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home