Thursday, August 22, 2013

BLACK BEARS AND OTHER WILD ANIMALS IN YARD, GROCERY LISTS AND MORE

August 22, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

When Tam came to work one day last week, she was still scared of the black bear she had seen on the side of the road near our house.  I told her about the black bear I had seen recently in our yard.  We see deer quite often as this is in the path they take coming from Grassy Mountain.  We have also seen a variety of wild animals in our yard as our house is located at the foot of Grassy Mountain and the National Forest.  Barry and I stay in the house at night.  I guess that is the price we pay for living among so much natural beauty.

Since I was a young bride, I have made a grocery list before going to town to buy our food and supplies each week.  Over the years I've noticed that only a few other shoppers had a list.  I wondered if the people who didn't have lists have such superior memories that they don't need lists.

Since Barry started doing our cooking, he has made lists, too.  He says he never sees any other shoppers with a list.  One of the check out ladies noted recently that Barry had a list, and she thought it was a good idea.  We wonder if people without lists go to the store several times a week.

I have an appointment with my primary care doctor and eye doctor next week.  I hope I get good reports.  The scaring I had following my recent eye lid surgery is about gone, thank goodness!

Remember if you own a Kindle, you can read my novel, "Seasons," at a low price.  Comments welcome.  See you next time.

(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home