Monday, November 25, 2013

FRIGID WEATHER IN GEORGIA'S HIGH COUNTRY

November 24, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

It isn't even officially winter and we're having a very cold day with temperatures in the 20s and 30s.  Barry had some chores today and wore his heavy coat he only wears in extremely cold weather.  There is a sharp wind which makes it seem even colder.

Since I have a problem talking on the phone now because of my hearing impairment, Tam has been making calls for me.  She called my sister in-law, Agnes, who lives in Northeast Georgia last week.  Agnes told Tam her family news which Tam passed along to me.  Yes, Tam is a jewel.

Tam has been realizing now since she quit smoking that smoking is not only a nasty habit but expensive.  She was able to buy her new laptop computer with money saved after she quit smoking recently.

With the colder weather, my arthritis in my knees and back of my neck are almost more than I can bear these days.  I can't take any pain medicine stronger than Aleve because of my queasy stomach, so I suffer a lot.

Barry has bought food for our Thanksgiving dinner, and we should have a good meal.  I hope each of you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home