Monday, January 13, 2014

I WISH OUR JANUARY THAW WOULD HANG AROUND FOR A WHILE

January 13, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

Following a record breaking cold spell, we're having the "January thaw", which is a term applied to a thaw as a rise in temperature in mid winter found in mid latitude North America.

I read in the newspaper yesterday that our power company, Georgia Power, reports that it set a record for winter peak demand last week.  We were grateful that our power was on, keeping our heat pump running smoothly.

Barry said recently he hoped we don't have any more severe cold weather this winter.  I agree with him.

Our former neighbor, Genevelyn, came for a visit with Tam and me last week.  We enjoyed talking with her, as usual.  I hope we can visit her and see her new house soon.

As I write this, on a Monday, I am starting a busy week.  I see my blood doctor this week.  I believe I have doctor appointments throughout February.  I wish one of them would help my pain.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home