Friday, December 27, 2013

DESPITE INTENSE NECK & SHOULDER PAIN, IBS ATTACK, TEMPS OUTDOORS IN THE 20'S, I MADE IT TO FAMILY CHRISTMAS DINNER!

December 26, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

For several days before Christmas, I have had severe pain in the back of my neck and shoulders.  I took Aleve which eased the pain for a short period of time.  I am not a weepy person but I was in such pain, I cried almost constantly for several days.  Finally, Tam remembered a cream that had helped her when she had a bad crick in her neck.  We tried it and it helped a lot.  It is Voltaren Gel which I had forgotten my doctor had given me some samples to try.  We used what we had here and then asked my doctor to call in a prescription.  It is expensive but worth the cost.  My pain is about gone now.

I still had some pain Christmas day but Barry drove us to my sister, Jeannette's house to share Christmas dinner with her and her family.  The dinner was delicious and was prepared by Jeanette's daughter, Charlene and Charlene's son, Dusty.  We visited a while until I was tired and in some pain, before returning home.  We didn't want any supper but Barry prepared a bowl of grits for me and he ate a small serving of chicken noodle soup.  We were both tired and went to bed early.

Tam took a few days off for the Christmas holiday.  As I write this, I am looking forward to seeing her tomorrow.  I miss my shower baths among all the other reasons why she is so special to me.  She had earlier in the week brought the pictures from my family gallery on my sitting room wall, and they are beautifully framed and matted.  Two large frames show off a collage of family pictures.  Barry has only partially hung the pictures on the wall.  He needs more hooks for the frames.  He is also a procrastinator and will take his time hanging the pictures.  But, he will do a good job when he finally hangs the pictures.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home