Monday, January 06, 2014

BRRR IT'S COLD OUTSIDE & DOCTOR STARTED ME ON NEW PROGRAM, INCLUDING 6 WEEKS WITH HOME HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPIST

January 5, 2014


By Olivene Godfrey

Here in Georgia's high country, we're having frigid weather with temps continuing to fall all day and even lower during the night.  Temps aren't expected to be above freezing until later this week.  My new fleece lounging robe Barry gave me for Christmas is feeling good these cold mornings, even though our heat pump is keeping the house comfortable.

I had an appointment with my primary care doctor last Friday and my recent lab work was normal, except my red blood cell count.  I have an appointment with my blood doctor in a week and expect I'll get a booster shot.

The doctor discussed with Tam and me about my feebleness and she ordered 6 weeks of physical therapy for my knees and neck.  She agreed with Barry and Tam who think I have mild depression.  The doctor ordered me to be more active physically and mentally.  She was pleased that I am still writing this blog.  Barry thinks he has made my bedroom sitting room too comfortable, as I want to stay in here all the time.

My doctor changed my medicine for pain from Aleve to Mobic which is helping.  I take the Mobic about an hour before bedtime and I fall asleep almost immediately.  The doctor said the Aleve was no longer working for my pain.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home