Thursday, February 13, 2014

FRIGID WEATHER, LOOSE PANTS, & ROBIN A SIGN OF SPRING?

February 13, 2014



By Olivene Godfrey

As I write this, we're still in a state of uncertainty about our weather.  We've had rain, sleet and snow the past few days, with emergency conditions likely.  Most businesses are closed today, and some will be tomorrow.  If conditions don't get worse Barry will probably go in to work in the morning.  I hope Tam will be able to come here tomorrow, as I miss her.

Atlanta was preparing today for a major ice storm.  We are praying that the storm won't be as predicted.

We have been prepared for the worse with frozen and canned foods on hand.  And, if the electric power goes off, heaven forbid!, we have kerosene heaters and a portable stove and lantern, etc.

I recently bought a pair of stretchable denim jeans.  The first time I wore the jeans they felt tight and snug.  But, when I returned home, the pants felt real loose.  Then, recently I wore the jeans when Tam drove me to the dentist office.  I was in the wheelchair and stood up while Tam adjusted them and I felt like my jeans were about to fall off!  When Tam and I were on our way home, we had a good laugh about the incident.  I don't know if I'll ever wear the pants again.

During this cold weather, I've enjoyed using my electric throw which keeps me toasty warm.  We've seen several robins in our yard this week.  Barry and I hope they are a harbinger of spring, as we are ready for spring now.

Thursday:  Barry said Tam is on her way to help me with my shower, God is good!  See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home