Monday, March 03, 2014

REFLECTIONS ON WEATHER, KNEE PAIN & TRIP TO EYE DOCTOR

March 3, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

The weather here in Georgia's high country is always changing, making life interesting.  As I write this on a Sunday afternoon, the sun is shining brightly and temps are pleasant.  But, the weather tomorrow may be colder and rainy according to the weather forecast.  Tuesday is supposed to be very cold but warm again in a few days.

The pollen count here is driving we allergy sufferers crazy.  Sometimes we have pollen counts in the thousands.  I love spring with all it's greenery and pretty flowers, but I can't seem to be able to tolerate it, having pneumonia year before last and almost having it last year.  I am being careful and praying I'll be well this spring.

I haven't exercised much this weekend but have walked a lot, even when I don't feel up to it.  It isn't surprising that the arthritis in my knees is causing severe pain.  I have been using my stimulator electrode (TENS unit) on my knees at intervals all weekend for temporary relief.

Tam drove me to the eye doctor's office in Dalton last week for my final exam of the eye lid surgery.  My eyes were dilated and some other eye drops were used, too.  The eye doctor said everything is fine.  He said my eyes are free of any signs of eye disease.  I don't have to see him again for a year.

Tam and I were exhausted after getting me in and out of her car for the trip.  I could barely see during the trip home from the effects of the eye drops and dilation.  I don't know what I would do without Tam.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home