Monday, March 10, 2014

WATCHED "COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER" MOVIE AT HOME & COMMENTS ON WALKING AND EXERCISES & DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

March 10, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

My all time favorite movies are "The Godfather", "Gone With The Wind" & "Coal Miner's Daughter".  I haven't been to a movie theater in years.  Recently, I started thinking about the movie, "Coal Miner's Daughter and realized I hadn't seen the movie in over 30 years.  I mentioned this to Barry and he ordered it from Amazon and it was delivered to me the next day.  Yesterday (Sunday), I watched the movie in the den with the draperies closed.  We have a large flat TV with Barry's outstanding sound system and the music in the movie was fabulous.  I enjoyed the two hour movie and was so engrossed with it, I hardly moved in my recliner.  The acting of Sissy Spacek and Tommy Lee Jones as Loretta Lynn and her husband Doolittle was superb.

While watching the movie, I forgot temporarily, Daylight Saving time went into effect this past weekend.  I don't care what time we're on if the government would just keep it year round.  As it is, most people I know say it takes them about two weeks to adjust to the time change.

I am still doing my exercises every morning and walking with my walker most of the time.  I have lost a little weight, which is a bonus for me.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home