Friday, April 25, 2014

MORE ON PLANTS & FLOWERS & GENEVELYN'S VISIT & RAINY WEATHER CAUSES PAIN IN MY KNEES

April 25, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

Barry has a huge pot on the patio where he plants various plants.  First, he planted tomatoes and they grew tall and healthy looking but he didn't have a single tomato.  Since then, he has planted flowers in the pot which are always pretty.  This spring, he planted yellow and orange marigolds.  They are pretty now but will be spectacular when they grow more.

Indoors the peace lily with its 5 or 6 white blooms sits in front of the large window in the den.  When I was caring for the plants, I never had a single bloom on the plant.  Barry has inherited the green thumb of his grandmother.  An english ivy plant is also thriving in the den.

In the front of the house, the knock out rose bush Tam gave me is also thriving.  The crepe myrtle which Barry pruned as it had grown so large.  Now its also looking good.  This plant is special to me as my late sister in-law, Joyce, gave it to me when my mother passed away in 2000.  Joyce wanted me to plant the bush in memory of mother.

This spring rainy weather has played havoc with my arthritis pain in my knees.  I use a heating pad and take aleve.  Barry has also been using the "TENS" unit with electrodes which gives me some temporary relief.  I've read that medical science has found that arthritis is affected by the weather.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home