Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I GOT A BOOSTER SHOT, COMMENTS ON MILK MAN & DOGWOOD WINTER

April 16, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

Yesterday Barry drove us to Calhoun's blood/cancer clinic.  We didn't see the doctor.  A blood test was taken by a nurse technician and I was barely eligible for a booster shot.  So, after the injection was given, we were on our way back home.

Before so many professional athletes abused the booster shot, they were easier for people with anemia, like me, to get.  If the blood count is 12 - 18, it is perfect.  Now a count under 10 is eligible for the shot.  Mine was under 10 (9.9) so I was able to get the booster shot.  On Barry's recent check-up, his blood count was 14, which is very good.

On a recent day, I was meditating and my thoughts turned to over 50 years ago when my late husband Ralph, and 3 year old Barry moved to Murray County, Georgia.  We had a milk man who delivered fresh milk and other dairy products to our door.  Back then, we called milk, sweet milk.  Sweet milk and buttermilk were sold in glass bottles.  Clean bottles and a note was left for the milk man with "pay" for the order.

The pretty dogwood trees are in full bloom, so I guess the cold snap we're having here is dogwood winter.  Have a Happy Easter!

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home