Monday, April 21, 2014

BARRY TAKES PLANTS FROM GARAGE TO PATIO & BUYS 2 MORE BASKETS OF FLOWERS & I WATCHED TV CHURCH SERVICE EASTER SUNDAY

April 21, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

Barry stayed busy this past weekend.  Beside his usual chores, he moved the plants from the garage to the patio.  He has been fertilizing them and they are looking good.  The 40 year old asparagus fern and very old purple plant are larger and healthier than they've ever been.  The huge season cactus has buds on it and may bloom again this spring.

On Easter Sunday Barry went to the Kmart in Dalton and bought a basket of pretty petunias.  He also bought a basket of impatiens in red. It should be shaped like a huge ball shortly.

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day.  I'm not able to go to church now, but I watched the service on TV from a Chattanooga Methodist church and enjoyed it.  I chose the Methodist service on TV as I go far back with the Methodist church.  I was born in a Methodist parsonage.  My daddy was a Methodist preacher, so was my grandfather and father in-law.  Also, I still hold the same beliefs as the church and miss not being able to attend service.

I feel better since I had a booster shot last week.  A home health nurse comes to the house to check on me once a week now.  Her visits help me to feel better about my health.  I'm still doing my exercises.  I hate them as they leave my joints sore but, I know I need them if I'm to be able to move around.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home