Thursday, March 05, 2009

GOOD MEDICAL REPORT & SPRING IS IN THE AIR HERE IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA
By OLIVENE GODFREY
I had an appointment this week with my primary care doctor to discuss the results of my recent complete lab work. The new report was, "quite good"my doctor told me. The earlier report seemed to indicate that my anemia had returned. The doctor said the earlier test may have been influenced by the sore throat and cough virus I had at that time. I will return to the doctor's office for another lab work up in two months. Meanwhile, I was given a prescription to lower my blood pressure as I have been having a problem. I am taking two other blood pressure medicines . Also, the doctor gave me a new prescription for my allergy as my old one doesn't seem to be helping me much. I hope I don't have any side effects from the new medicines.


-----------------------------------------------

Son Barry had the week off and for a couple of days we ventured out in extremely cold weather to take care of errands. Since my recent cataract surgery, my reading glasses needed a new right lens. So we picked up the lens and I can read and do close work so much better now. We also placed a pretty artificial spring bouquet on my late husband's grave. As I write this, I am growing weary with all the gadding about but have been glad to be out of the house more.

-------------------------------------------Despite the very cold weather we had earlier this week, there is a touch of spring in the air here in northwest Georgia. And now the temperatures are more spring-like but I'm sure we will have a few more cold spells before summer arrives. My jonquils are blooming and the pear tree was covered with white blossoms but the heavy frost earlier nipped the blooms. The forsythia has a few yellow flowers and inside the pink germanium

is blooming. My niece, Charlene, said in an e-mail this week that, "I can feel my green thumb aching and my hay fever, too"
She is planning to have a vegetable garden this year, and I remember when people had gardens-called Victory Gardens- during World War II. Barry has been busy this week with spring cleaning and things are looking good and are so clean. He is planning to work in the yard some the rest of the week while the weather is so nice.
See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home