Wednesday, January 28, 2009

LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I seem to be recovering very well from my cataract surgery a week ago. I am still using three different eye drops four time a day. The drops help prevent infection, pain and swelling and I haven't complained about them as I can see so well. I am really enjoying watching my large, flat television with the vivid colors now that I have two good eyes.

We're having a cold winter here in northwest Georgia but my jonquils are coming up in the soil and that always gives me hope that spring with all its glory will be here soon.

With Valentine day coming up soon, our thoughts turn to love. Poets write about it. Authors write novels about it. Movies are made about it. Hearts sing with happiness about it and are sometimes broken by it. And, it does make the world go around. So, for the romantic quotation collectors, here are some words on love.

"Love ever gives- forgives- outlives and ever stands with open hands and while it lives it gives. For this is love's give." Anon.

"Love is not an emotion that can be turned on and off at will. It comes unbidden, and rents space in the human heart forever."
Jim Bishop

"lovers quarrels are the renewal of love", Terence.

"Footfalls echo in the memory- Down the passage we did not take Towards the door we never opened-into the rose garden" T.S. Eliot.

"Oh tender yearning, sweet hoping!--The golden time of first love!--The eyes see the open heaven--The heart is intoxicated with bliss--O that the beautiful of young love--Could remain green forever." The Song of the Bell--Schiller.

"Heaven has no rage like to hatred turn. Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned". William Congreve.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home