Thursday, December 11, 2008

EYE DOCTOR REPORTS & BIRTHDAY PLANS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Son Barry and I had appointments with an eye doctor at the eye clinic in Dalton a few days ago. We both had complete eye exams and first, the good news. The doctor told us our eye exam results showed that our eyes are very healthy. But, Barry, like most people his age, needs reading glasses. The drugstore glasses he has been wearing are still just fine for him, the doctor said. My diagnosis is that the cataract on my right eye needs to be removed. I had the cataract on my left eye removed a couple of years ago. I have a pre-surgical appointment in January when a surgery date will be scheduled. I am looking forward to having good visions in both eyes again.

---------------------------------------

On my 81st birthday, December 10, torrents of rain fell and today, December 11, we're still having heavy rains off and on and the rain in parts of our area will turn to a wintry mix. Barry's birthday is Sunday, December 14 and the weather is supposed to be nice. So,we're making tentative plans to celebrate our birthdays on Sunday. A Dalton restaurant gives birthday diners a free meal. So, Barry will have his lunch free and will pay for mine as a treat for me. We both need haircuts and Barry will be off from work on Monday, so we plan to go to the mall for haircuts and lunch at Chick-Fil-A. I haven't been outside except to go to the doctor in several weeks and hopefully I will be able for the outing. Barry and I both still have colds and have been miserable all week and are hoping and praying we will feel better this weekend.

My sisters and I have had a tradition for years of sending funny, insulting birthday cards to each other. I found a doozie of a card last fall and sent it to my sister, Jeanette, on her October birthday. When I spoke with her on the phone a few days later, I asked if she received the card. She replied in a sadistic tone of voice, "Just you wait...." And I got the card on December 9th and it too was a doozie. Son Barry, an only child, doesn't understand this and other traditions we have that are funny to us and part of a large family.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home