Thursday, November 13, 2008

MEDICAL PROCEDURE REPORT & MORE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Last Monday, I had the esophagus stretching procedure at Hamilton
Medical Center in Dalton. It went smoothly despite my severe nervousness before and after the test. I had the test at 2:15 P.M. and I hadn't eaten all day and that added to my discomfort. The G.I doctor told son Barry that I have an oral Candida yeast infection caused by an inhaler I use to keep my COPD stable. He gave me a prescription for medicine for the condition. I hope it works and relieves some of my IBS type symptoms. I am swallowing better now and starting to feel normal again. Barry did research on Candida yeast and found a lot of information about it.

----------------------------------------

The autumn colored leaves on the trees here in northwest Georgia have been spectacular but with rain and wind storms the leaves are rapidly falling to the ground. Soon the scenery here will be bleak and stark. But, we have Thanksgiving day and Christmas holidays to look forward to now. Barry and I brought out our electric blankets when the nights became cold. I am also wearing my granny gowns at night and am staying warm and cozy.

-------------------------

Our patio plants Barry brought in before the first frost are still pretty. The huge impatient plant looks like a red ball and the Christmas cactus has red buds and will soon burst into bloom. I think it is really a Thanksgiving cactus as it blooms about this time every year. I've had it about 15 years and it has always done well. The Incredible Poinsettia is still thriving on the floor beside the big window in the den. It's leaves turned red last year and we hope it does again this year. The asparagus fern I started from seeds 30 years ago is large with red berries forming and the pink geranium is blooming its heart out. The purple plant has dainty lilac blooms on it.
Barry, with his green thumb, takes good care of the plants.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home