Sunday, September 14, 2008

DOCTOR VISIT REPORT & LUNCH AT EDNA'S & RAGWEED TIME & COFFEE BENEFITS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I told you last week that I had an upcoming appointment with my family doctor. I saw her last week and we discussed my difficulty in swallowing which has bothered me for some time.
Some of you may recall that about a year ago, I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy in Dalton. Afterward, the GI doctor told son Barry that my hiatal hernia I had forgotten and my esophagus had caused some trouble as acid-reflux in my upper stomach.
So, the GI doctor stretched my esophagus and then prescribed a medicine that can remove difficulty in swallowing, persistent cough, heartburn and trouble sleeping. Recently, I had experienced some difficulty swallowing which is scary as I am afraid I may choke. My doctor made me an appointment with the GI doctor in about six weeks to check to see if I need my esophagus stretched again. Also, my doctor told me not to take Aleve or Actonel (bone medicine) until the GI doctor gives an opinion on the drugs as they may cause difficulty in swallowing.
I will keep you posted on what happens next.

I looked forward all last week to eat lunch at Edna's, the popular Chatsworth restaurant which is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. Barry had the day off and we ate lunch at Edna's as planned. We arrived early at the restaurant and the food was fresh and hot and delicious as always. I was having one of my IBS bad days but enjoyed the food despite my pain.

I didn't sleep much a couple of nights last week and have been having a hard time getting started in the mornings. Barry suggested that I should try putting a little caffeine back in my diet. I started drinking caffeine free coffee and tea some time ago as I thought it might be causing my insomnia. Oddly, Barry and I prefer caffeine free tea. Anyway, I started drinking regular coffee a couple of days ago. It seemed to give me a lift in the mornings. I may try it a few more days and see what happens.

It's allergy time again here in northwest Georgia when pollen counts are extremely high. Barry and I are allergic to the dreaded ragweed plant which grows in profusion all around us. When I saw my doctor last week, she changed my nasal spray to another one which seems to help. I also take a prescription allergy drug that helps some, too. I can't take really strong allergy medicines because of my high blood pressure. The allergy season will last until the first hard frost this fall.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home