Thursday, July 10, 2008

LOVE NEW MATTRESS & ON WILD FLOWERS & EXERCISE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

In my last column (Sunday, 7/6/08)), I told you about buying a new mattress for my bed. It has been delivered and so far I love it. I have slept soundly and comfortable on it and hope the mattress will "cure" my insomnia.

In the same column, I told you about the celebrations we had in the past for my late mother's birthdays. And, I realize now that I neglected to tell you that Mother's birthday was July 4th which may have been confusing to readers. (I need an editor.)

Son Barry planted wild flower seeds in a large patio container in the spring. The predominant flowers are a deep pink tubular
shape and bloom only at dusk and at night and early morning.
During the bloom time a tiny humming bird sips nectar from the blossoms. We are unfamiliar with the flower and enjoy watching the humming bird feast on the blooms as well as on the big impatient and geranium plants.

Since Barry was a teenager, he lifted weights for exercise and he also rode his bicycle before our road became unsafe for bikers. Awhile back, Barry decided to give up weight lifting as he was having problems with his arthritis and working long hours. Soon, he began to feel "out of shape", he said, and he started using my stationery bike in my office. I can't use it now because of my balance problems. Now he says that he is feeling much better. He also gives credit to the supplements "glucosamine, chondroitin and “MSM” and Omega 3-6-9(flax, fish and borage oils). Barry and I can both testify that these supplements really help our joints and the fish oils also help our hearts and skin care.

I still do my balance exercises that a physical therapist taught me three years ago when I fell and broke my right arm and shoulder. Almost every women's magazine has articles about exercises with slender models illustrating exercises I could never do. Awhile back, I read an article with illustrations of exercises that I can do and they have been helping me with being "regular" as well as other things. Incidentally, I can still bend over and touch my toes at 80 which seems to impress Barry.

See you next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home