Thursday, May 08, 2008

GOOD MEDICAL REPORT & NOTES FROM MEMO PAD

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I had a biopsy of the keratosis on my right shoulder recently and two specimens were sent to a pathologist to examine. I'm happy to tell you that the lab report showed "no cancer" The doctor told me this week that if the biopsy wounds have healed in a couple of weeks, I won't need to see her again until my three-month check up which is good news.

When I talked last week on the phone with my sister, Jeanette, who lives in nearby Dalton, she asked how I can still remember so many things about our early years. She says that she can't remember anything of her childhood. And, her daughter, Charlene, will talk of when she was a child about incidents that happened when she was a child that Jeanette doesn't remember either.
She did say that she has a vague memory of riding on a passenger train when she was a child. And, the memory of that weekend during World War II flashed across my mind.

I told her that because of war shortages we didn't have a car and Daddy wanted to visit his folks in Middle Tennessee so he bought train tickets for himself and Mother and Jeanette and her late twin sister, Joan and me. (Our youngest sister, Dianne, wasn't born yet.) I was about sixteen and on that train ride I was sitting on a seat alone and a young U. S.soldier sat beside me and started talking and flirting. I was in a unique situation. Unknown to the young man, my parents were seated directly behind us taking in every word. So, it was hard for me to be natural. But, the young man turned out to be very nice and I enjoyed the train ride.

The green glory of springtime in northwest Georgia surrounds us and son Barry has moved the outdoor plants from the garage to the patio. And, with his tender loving care and Miracle Grow they are looking pretty. From my recliner in the den I can see through the large window the large green asparagus
fern that I started from seed thirty years ago. And, the pink geranium is thriving and is still blooming. The basket of red impatiens that Barry gave me for Mother's day is healthy and promises to grow into a large colorful ball in the summer.
The other plants are also looking good and Barry recently planted flower seed in the large patio container and the little plants are coming up in the soil now. Now, if the sky high pollen count will drop, we'll be able to enjoy all the beauty in our midst.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home