Monday, March 10, 2008

PREPARING FOR SPRING

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Lately, we have been having spring-like weather alternating with cold, frigid days and we have also had much needed rain.
Last Saturday, we had snow showers for several hours, a rare event for northwest Georgia and it was very cold all day
On Sunday, we had bright sunshine but with cold temps. Son Barry was nursing a pulled muscle in his right shoulder and I was having allergy problems so we had a lazy Sunday. Spring is definitely in the air but I'm still wearing my granny gowns at night and think I will be needing them for a while.

Recently, I wrote in this space of a "fish dream" I had about catching a fresh water bass, my favorite food fish. I wrote also that Barry hasn't been able to go fishing because of his responsibilities, and we haven't eaten any bass in about 10 years.
The next day, I received an e-mail from my wonderful neighbor and friend, Genevelyn, who has a fish pond on her property.
She said anytime Barry wanted to fish to send him over. She also said that the pond is clear and clean and stocked with several species of fish, including bass. So, Barry is looking forward to going fishing nearby and maybe he will bring us some bass home for dinner.

The landscapers we use this time of year came out a couple of weeks ago. During the past two months or so, we have had storms with high winds and our lawn was littered with small tree limbs and other debris. Also, last summer's heatwave and drought killed a couple of our shrubs in the front yard. The crew went to work and pruned the shrubbery and cleaning the yard. Arrangements were made to remove the dead shrubs and replace them soon. When Barry came home from work, he inspected the lawn and declared the crew's work "flawless". He had been afraid that he would have to do the work. I had arranged for the crew to come out without telling him. Now all he has to do is mow the yard with his riding lawnmower which he enjoys doing.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home