Saturday, January 12, 2008

HEAT PUMP PROBLEM, DENTAL,& BLOOD WORK AT DOCTOR OFFICE & KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS
By OLIVENE GODFREY
Have you ever had a day when you were bombarded with things that had gone wrong? That happened to Barry and me about a week ago when several minor things got mixed up. These things were taken care of with phone calls this past Monday. But, the worst thing to go wrong dwarfed the other problems.
Our heat pump that had been so reliable and efficient since we had it installed nearly three years ago stopped working.
I called our heating and air company's owner and left a message on his answering machine. Fortunately, the weather had turned warm and with the emergency heat being used until the heat pump could be repaired we were not uncomfortable.

Still, I called the heat-air owner early last Monday. He had got my message and was about to call me.. He said they were very busy so it was Wednesday before two repair men came out to check the heat pump. Then, they told me that a part had burned out and that they would need to order a new one and it might be several days before it would come in.. But,
the next day, the repairmen came back and installed a slightly used part to use until our new one came in. So, we are comfortable now with the heat pump working properly with no cold spots in the house like the electric emergency heat had.

I had a dental appointment last week for a cleaning and check up. The dentist said that I have some old crowns that may need replacing in the future. He said with the cost of the crowns, I may not want to do anything about it now. He is right. I will just pray that the crowns last as long as I do. The dentist gave me a container of fluoride concentrate to use on my gums twice a week, something I don't like to do but I will do it.

Barry didn't have to work last Friday, so he drove me to my doctor's office to have blood work. I should have a report next week if I am still anemic. I was weighed by the nurse and I haven't gained any weight since the previous visit about a month ago. But, I have been tempted to go off my diet. Yesterday, Barry bought groceries and when he returned, he said he had a surprise for me. He brought out a box of delectable Krispy Kreme doughnuts I loved so much. This was the first time the doughnuts had been in our house since I started on my diabetic diet in November, 2004. Barry has eaten one of the doughnuts and I intend to indulge with one later today. I intend to savor each bite of the delicious sugary delight. Then, I will go back on my diet. I promise!

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home