Friday, October 26, 2007

MINI OUTING & BEAUTIFUL RAINS & EYE EXAMS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Last Sunday was a perfect October day with its bright blue sky and plenty of sunshine here in northwest Georgia. I woke up feeling better than I had in a while. My health problems had kept me from having a Sunday outing with son Barry for weeks, and we decided the day was perfect for a mini outing.

I topped my black outfit with my red jacket which always lifts
my spirits. We ate an early lunch at the Village in Chatsworth. We couldn't find a parking space near the cafeteria so I walked more than I was used to and I was a bit tired but still in good spirits when we left the Village. We went to Wallgreens and I bought some makeup items. And then we went home via the scenic route and enjoyed looking at the colorful foliage among the still green trees. Our drought an warm temperatures have kept the leaves from turning to scarlet, golden and burgundy.

And then the first of the week, the beautiful rains came and stayed with us several days bringing some relief to our drought stricken area, but not enough. The situation is critical.
I pray every day that we'll have enough rain to end this drought.

Yesterday, Barry and I had our eye exams at the eye clinic in Dalton. Our appointments were for three in the afternoon. I have had an awful flare-up the past few days with arthritis in my right hip and leg so I wasn't feeling chipper and in the future I'll ask for a morning appointment.

Barry got a good report on his exam. He still has 20/20 vision and his eyes are healthy. He wears drugstore glasses to read and for close work. A couple of years ago, the eye doctor told him the strength to buy which are still working fine. He doesn't have to return to the clinic for an exam for two years.

My report wasn't as rosy as Barry's. Last November,I had cataract surgery on my left eye. Since then, the cataract on my right eye has grown, the doctor said. But, the doctor said my vision with my glasses wasn't bad but he does want to see me in six months. I didn't need to change my glasses and my eyes are healthy. My diabetes hasn't affected my vision, thank God. I may be ready for surgery on the right eye in the spring but if so, it isn't an unpleasant experience.

When we left the clinic, we hit the rush hour traffic and we were both exhausted when we returned home. Our eyes were still dilated and we didn't feel up to cooking supper so we ate snacks. As soon as possible, I went to bed and was asleep almost instantly and felt some better today except for my arthritis pain.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home