Friday, October 12, 2007

UPDATE ON HEALTH, DROUGHT, COOLER WEATHER

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I am still taking the iron capsules my doctor prescribed for my anemia. But, I still feel real tired and weak. I guess it takes a while to feel better. Meanwhile, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome, has been acting up and I feel bad from that. I think all IBS victims experience frustration after taking all the tests and the reason for the IBS isn't found. That has happened to me three times the past ten years. We feel like everybody, including doctors, think it's "all in your mind." I hope that in my lifetime a cure will be found for IBS. I guess I'll have to live with it in the meantime.

We are having cold nights and cool and sunny days this week which has given me a chance to try out my new electric blanket. Son Barry ordered it for me from Amazon recently and it is light and pretty and cozy warm. You know that I believe ,"if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and I have had my old blanket for years.
Barry ordered a new one last year and is so pleased with it he wanted me to have one.

The drought here in North Georgia is very serious with a ban on all outside watering. We had a long, dry and hot summer and this drought is the worse one on record, according to the weather people, for Georgia and all of the southeast, U.S.A. We have a well in our yard which we used for several years after moving in our house. The pump burned out and my late husband decided to have city water installed. But, if things get too bad, I guess we could activate the well. I am praying for serious rains to come and bring our water table back up .

Quotes--"By the time a man gets to greener pastures, he can't climb the fence."--Dean Dubois

"Lack of something to feel important about is among the greatest tragedies a man can have." John Raudonis

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home