Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A WHIFF OF MEMORY SENDS ME BACK IN TIME....

By OLIVENE GODFREY

It takes just a whiff of memory to send us back in time. And, music often does that for me. I was recently listening to Sirius Roadhouse country classics on T.V. and the sound of an old recording of the Everly Brothers evoked a memory of the late 1950s.

My late husband, Ralph, and I were living in Florida when we attended a live performance of comedian, Bob Hope, at Tampa, Florida. One of the opening acts was the young brothers, Don and Phil Everly. who were top selling country influenced rock and roll performers but known for their steel-string guitar playing and close harmony singing. We didn't know it at that time but critics now say the brothers had a strong influence
on the rock and roll groups of the 1960s, such as the Beatles and The Beach Boys. The Everly Brothers had a long career and still perform occasionally. Their young voices evoked a happy period of my life when Ralph and I were young and carefree.

------------------------------------------

Son Barry has been putting bird seed out for the birds that flock to our yard, especially during the winter months. Since our next door neighbors have two large cats who occasionally wander over into our yard, they seem to be keeping the pesky squirrels who steal the birdseed away from the yard. I know cats and the birds don't get along,too, but so far no problems have developed. We enjoy watching the different birds that come to our feeder. A red male cardinal and his spouse, the drab one, come to our feeder every year. We wonder if they are always the same pair as we have read that they mate for life and live in one area year round.

----------------------------------

Barry told me this week that my jonquils are peeking up out of the ground, giving me hope that once more, spring , in time, will arrive in all its glory. Despite my allergy, spring is my favorite time of the year, especially in Northwest Georgia when everything turns the greenest of green and flowers bloom and it's a wonderful time.

------------------------------------------------

For folks who suffer from arthritis pain, and may not know about the benefits of glucosamine & chondroitin & MSM, I have been taking a three a day formula of a dietary supplement with the name of Joint Soother, that has given me a lot of relief from my knee arthritis pain. I used to take this supplement but for some reason stopped. But, I was suffering from severe pain in my knees until I resumed taking it.It won't give immediate relief but if you take it awhile it may work for you, too. I know several people who have had good results with it and I take it with my doctor's approval.

Quote: "Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else." J.M. Barrie

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home