Tuesday, February 05, 2008

GOOD MEDICAL REPORT & A BUSY WEEKEND

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I recently had lab work at my family doctor's office in Chatsworth. The report showed that my labs were good and I am to continue to stay on the iron pills and to return to the doctor's office in three months to be rechecked. I am feeling a lot better now but my lack of stamina is frustrating to me. In my mind, I think I can do certain things. But I've discovered that, in reality, I don't have enough energy to do all I want and need to do.

So, for the present, I will limit myself to one outing a week.
And, I will pray that my old strength will return in time. I'm not giving up and am determined to be more active in the future. A couple of weeks ago, I felt pretty chipper so I went with Barry to buy groceries at Ingle's super store in Chatsworth.
The store is attractive and spacious with a wide variety of foods and other stuff. I enjoy eating good food and shopping at a store like Ingles is an adventure for me. Son Barry is used to buying groceries alone and with my detailed list he zooms through the store. He has to walk slower with me and sees groceries and other items he hadn't noticed before which results in impulsive buying for both of us. Still, I enjoyed the trip.
But, I was too stimulated to relax much that afternoon and had a restless night with aches and pains as I wasn't used to walking so much. So, I wasn't able to eat out on Sunday.

Last Saturday, I was determined to try the grocery shopping again. As we entered the store, I saw a couple I haven't seen in a long time. We had a nice little chat before starting our shopping. Then, I saw several other people I know which is unusual since our county has grown so much. I don't usually see anyone I know when I am around town. We were out of some things we buy in bulk and with our high inflation, we had another large grocery bill. I made the trip better than I had the previous week and slept more that night.

On Sunday, Barry and I went to Dalton and ate a delicious lunch at Ryan's. I am allowed one sugar dessert a week and on that day I had a small bowl of hot apple cobbler pie that has a tender, flaky crust. The pie was topped with a dollop of soft vanilla ice cream. When we had finished our meal, Barry drove us the short distance to the mall and we got good quick haircuts at MasterCuts. I was beginning to feel tired and the mall was becoming crowded so we came back home. We had chores to do at home and I went to bed that night at 8:30 PM. and fell into a deep sleep. I felt fairly good Monday but decided anew that I will only go out once a week until my energy level improves.
See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home