Friday, November 07, 2008

THOUGHTS ON DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. YOUNG BUDDING ARTIST,
BRYSON, PRESCRIPTION FOR HAPPINESS AND DREADING UPCOMING MEDICAL PROCEDURE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I wouldn't care if we had Daylight Savings Time year round or if we never had it at all. I just want the time zone to remain the same. Last Sunday morning, I woke up and glanced at the clock on my bedside table and decided to rise as son Barry and I were planning to go to Dalton for an early lunch and then go to the mall to get haircuts. I went to the kitchen and started preparing my breakfast. And, then I glanced at the clocks in the kitchen and remembered that DST had ended and that Barry had changed all of our many clocks except in my bedroom. I had gone to bed early before he could change my clock.
I was just "out of sync" all day and for several days after the time change.

-----------------------------------

My sister, Jeanette's 11-year old great-grandson, Bryson,
is a talented budding artist who spends a lot of time drawing pictures. His grandmother, Charlene, e-mailed to me one of his sketches this week and I was so impressed I posted the picture
on the front of our refrigerator. Jeanette said all of Bryson's pictures include a sketch of Big Bird. In the picture sent to me is a composite drawing of the faces of his big brothers, Brandon and Bradley. Jeanette said Bryson is a "born leader" and we wish him well in his future.

----------------------------------

Great thinkers who have searched for fundamental truths say the most important traits are self-respect, self-fulfillment,
and emotional maturity. On these traits rests the degree to which a person's capacity for happiness becomes an experience of happiness.

-------------------------------------

Next week, I have the esophagus stretching procedure at the Dalton hospital. I'm not worried about it but I confess I will be glad when it's over.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home