Tuesday, February 07, 2017

UNBEARABLE ARTHRITIS

February 7, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

I am feeling pretty darn awful on this Monday afternoon.  I was sick all weekend and Barry was patient and very good to me.  Tam has also been today.  I am indeed blessed to have them both.

For some time, I have dealt with almost unbearable pain from arthritis in my knees and spine.  We made me an appointment with a pain management doctor.  I liked him very much.  He asked me to describe the pain, which I did.  The pain in my knees is bad but the pain in my upper back is worse.  He asked me to compare my pain with any other pain I had experienced.  I told him it was like childbirth pain that never ends.  Sometimes I cry from the pain and feel like screaming!  He took several x rays and told us he would call and let us know what he thought.  The following morning his spokesperson called and said there was a procedure that they could do that he thought would give me some relief.  I go back in about a week and hope I can manage the pain until then.  Any prayers would be appreciated.

Recently, my old friend, Genevelyn came to visit me and we had a good chat.  We used to visit quite a bit when she lived across the road from us.  Now she lives in town and we don't get to see her as often.

My late husband, Ralph's sister, Agnes, sent Barry and I a large package of old family pictures.  We really enjoyed looking at them.  Agnes is 90 years old and in great health and still living alone and taking care of herself.  She is still driving and going to church on Sundays.  I really envy her.  Barry pointed out that she never smoked or abused her body.  She is a fortunate woman.

I've been making notes of many memories and Barry did some research for me on Alan and Shirley Lorberbaum, leader in carpet manufacturing in Dalton.  They were very nice, kind people who I was fortunate to have as friends.  When I feel better, I'll write some about the early days in carpet in Dalton.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home