Tuesday, November 15, 2016

WOW, WHAT A WEEKEND

November 15, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

As I sit in my recliner in my sitting room, I am reflecting on my weekend and waiting on Tam to arrive for the day.  With all the smoke from all the fires burning in several locations around us, I was taken back to the emergency room at our local hospital on Saturday with breathing problems.

I was having issues with my COPD, which caused my heart to weaken, and I started retaining fluid.  The hospital kept me until Monday evening.  The wonderful doctor of Murray Medical, Dr. Mitchell Wilson and his assistant and nurse practitioner were God sent and helped me to get back on track.  Dr. Wilson diagnosed me with pneumonia and congestive heart failure.  They have put me on oxygen 24/7 at least until our smoke problem is corrected.  They have given me antibiotics and lasix for the fluid retention.

I ate a good breakfast this morning, an entire bowl of oatmeal and some crackers.  Maybe the oxygen is helping me get my appetite back.  I'm feeling much better and thankful to be back home.  I am in good hands with son, Barry and caregiver and dear friend, Tam.

I would like to thank Dr. Wilson and all of the staff at Murray Medical for taking excellent care of me.  I'd also like to thank all of my good friends and family, you know who you are.  May God bless and take care of you all.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home