Monday, August 22, 2016

CONTINUED IMPROVEMENT

August 22, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

Following almost a week as a patient in the local hospital, I am still grateful to be improving from a urinary tract infection (UTI).  Barry and Tam continue to be good to me as usual.

I have been slow to regain my energy and strength.  I am grateful to friends who have visited me, it definitely helps.  My old friend, Kim, whom I know from my old Pilot Club days came to see me at the hospital.  Another friend named Kym, visited me at the hospital as well as our home.  She is a friend of Barry's that is also my friend.  She brought us a cornbread cake which I'd never eaten before.  Barry and I really enjoyed the treat.

There was a period in my life when I worked and kept our home, which kept me very busy.  I seemed to always make time to bake several cakes each week.  Now that I'm not physically able and am 88 years old, I have to pace myself each day.

My doctor has ordered a home health nurse and a physical therapist to come to the house and work with me, so I will be able to regain my strength quicker.  A nurse has visited and we gave her my medical history.  The physical therapist is suppose to come today.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home