Monday, August 01, 2016

JACKS RIVER

August 1, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

When I had a check up with my primary care doctor recently she found that my B12 was high, and my hemoglobin was just under 10.  I have anemia and my blood doctor usually gives me a booster shot when my hemoglobin gets below 10.  I have an appointment with him this week.  I know I need the shot but the doctor's office is in Calhoun which tires me out.  Meanwhile, I am not feeling too chipper.

Tam had a short camping trip with her son and his wife a couple of weeks ago.  She enjoys camping out.  She went to Jacks River.  It seems that it has been a popular place to go.  Jacks River or Jack's Fork is a 19.4 mile long river in the Cohutta Wilderness Area of northwest Georgia.

The Jacks River flows into the Conasauga River before it crosses over Highway 411.  The river is accessible by Forest Service roads.  The immediate area around Jacks River Falls was closed to camping in March 2003 due to overuse.  Other areas along the river are still open to camping, but there are now restrictions on the number of people allowed to camp per site and the distance between campsites, and others.

I'll update you on my upcoming doctor's appointment on my next blog.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home