Monday, July 18, 2016

WHAT AN AWFUL FRIDAY

July 18, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I've had another Irritable Bowel (IBS) episode.  It started last Friday morning and Barry had to call Tam to see if she could come early.  He stayed with me until Tam arrived.  When she got settled in, I told her I didn't think I ever got sick that I didn't need a shampoo.  She usually does my hair on Friday's.  But, I was so sick I stopped worrying about it.

Poor Tam!  All day, I called her on the intercom to help me.  I needed to have a bowel movement and it didn't want to move.  The doctor had told me to take a mild laxative.  But, Barry and Tam and I knew that it was too painful.  Something quick acting needed to be done.  We decided that I would try eating prunes and hoped for some action.  Wow!  I'll spare you the details, but the prunes worked!

For now, on Sunday afternoon, I'm feeling some better.  Tam will be here Monday and help me with a shower and shampoo my hair.  My "sponge baths" aren't very refreshing.  Please say a prayer for me.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home