Wednesday, January 11, 2017

THANKS TO MANY

1/11/2017

By Olivene Godfrey

I want to thank all of you who commented on my recent blog regarding my hurt feelings following the post of my diagnosis of dementia.  Some of the comments were so touching and brought tears to my eyes.

My niece, Charlene's comment warmed my heart.  I've had a soft spot in my heart for Charlene since I kept her for several months when her mother, my sister, Jeanette, worked.  Charlene was three months old when I started keeping her and was such a sweet and happy baby.  I don't remember her ever crying.

When my friend, Jeanette Greeson, commented on the pain I'm having, I know from her blogs that she understands my pain.  I have an appointment with a pain doctor in a few days and I pray he can help.  While she was preparing for surgery in December, she also sent me a nice birthday card.  Jeanette and I have been friends for many years.  I remember way back when she was living in Chatsworth, she brought me a cheese cake that she had baked herself.  She felt like I deserved recognition for Barry's graduation.  Barry was born with a thirst for knowledge but he disliked the classroom, and getting that diploma was a struggle for both of us.  Jeanette knew about those struggles.

Another friend I want to mention is Neal Keener.  When he was a young boy his grandmother contacted me about the many books he had read.  I was working for a newspaper and interviewed him which was a delight.  He was very bright and so sweet.  Over the years I lost touch with him until one day I saw him at the Village Cafe.  He told me he lived and worked in Atlanta but still had a house in Chatsworth.  He is one of my most faithful blog readers.  Thanks, old friend!

I've told you in the past that following my recent stay in the hospital, my taste buds have been messed up.  I now eat peanut butter and saltine crackers for breakfast.  The downside is the peanut butter sticks to the roof of my mouth and between my teeth so, I have to rush to brush my teeth.  I guess there could be worse things....

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home