Friday, December 16, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

December 16, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I've always tried to be honest with my wonderful readers.  For some time I have been having tests to determine why I have an extreme nervous condition.  I've been told that some doctors suspect I have dementia.  But, other people wonder how I am able to write a blog if that is accurate.  I'm 89 so I know that is a possibility.  But I don't like it!  I still have goals I want to achieve.

Last week, Barry, Tam and I had an appointment with a doctor who was a charming gentleman.  He conducted a series of tests.  I was very nervous but, I called on all of my willpower and asked for prayers.  My second son and Barry's childhood friend, Larry Ballew, sent a beautiful prayer .  I knew Barry and Tam were pulling for me also.  Somehow, I pulled myself together and I thought I did well on the tests.  The kind doctor told me I did good.  Afterward, he interviewed Barry and Tam and told them I did well.

After Christmas we have an appointment with my neurologist and will be given the results of all the tests.  I ask you to remember me in you thoughts and prayers.  I pray that I'll be able to face the facts.  I also suffer from arthritis, COPD, and IBS.

When I was discharged from the hospital a few weeks ago, I was given oxygen fulltime.  We have had oxygen here for a couple of years but haven't had to use it.  I was a heavy smoker from my teenage years until 1999, when I quit cold turkey and haven't smoked since.  COPD is a hellish condition.

Meanwhile, Barry and I have celebrated birthdays and are preparing for a quiet Christmas.  Today, Tam put up a small Christmas tree for us in the dining room, so we can enjoy it while we eat our meals.  Barry and I did some of our shopping on the internet.  For his birthday I gave him a nice leather dress belt.  I'm giving him a dress jacket for Christmas.  Barry gave me a neat gadget, a toothbrush dispenser mounted on the wall in the bathroom.  Tam made us a cake and gave me a bag of small gifts.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!  See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home