Monday, December 05, 2016

MISERABLE WEATHER

December 5, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

The weather today (Saturday) is cold and cloudy and utterly miserable.  My old arthritic bones ache so bad it's almost more than I can stand.  Tam has told me when I feel like this to write and try to get my mind off of what's bothering me.

At 89, I no longer sit at my typewriter and compose my blog.  I keep a legal pad by my side and write as I get the energy.  Barry says he doesn't know how Tam can read my writing.  Somehow, she always does.  She's had practice over the years with my novels as well as blogs.  If she can manage to get time to finish the typing, we have a book almost ready for publication.  We think it could be the best one yet.  We have high hopes for it.  The new book is set in the 1980's against the backdrop of the local carpet industry and the theme is divorce and how it affects every member of the family.

In my last blog, I told you Tam's daughter, Carrie was coming to the house to cut my hair.  She came last Friday and did a super job.  It is very short and looks great.  She is a beautiful woman, inside and out.

Soon, I have more testing regarding my nervous condition.  I'll be glad when they are all over and hope something can be done to help with my nerves.  This has been the worse time of my life.  Please say a prayer for me.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home