Tuesday, January 03, 2017

HURT FEELINGS

January 3, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

After my recent blog was posted with the news I had been diagnosed with dementia my feelings were hurt, as not one of my readers commented in any way on it.  I told Barry and Tam how I felt.  They agreed that maybe they didn't know how to respond.  I thought all that needed to be said was, "I care".  The dementia is in the early stages and I'm no different.  I'm 89 so it's natural that my short term memory isn't as good as it once was, and I'm confused sometimes, more so when I'm tired.  I overheard Barry say to Tam, "She's still smarter than some normal people."  Bless him!

We are talking about changing neurologists as the one we saw is rude and has no bedside manners.  Barry and Tam were not impressed.  He never spoke a word to me and I'm his patient.  We should have checked his referrals on the internet.  Some former patients gave him some bad reviews.

My late husband, Ralph, had dementia but was funny sometimes.  His neurologist was Dr. Pederson, now retired.  Ralph really liked him.  I remember once when Ralph was in the hospital Dr. Pederson visited him.  Later, I saw the doctor and he was laughing.  He told me he had visited with Ralph and greeted him and asked how he was feeling, and Ralph said in a loud voice, "There's something rotten in Denmark!"

I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with a pain doctor.  I'm in constant pain from my arthritic knees, neck and spine.  Most nights the pain keeps me from sleeping much.  My vital signs are always perfect.  If I could control the pain it would be wonderful.  Please keep me in your prayers.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home