Monday, June 29, 2015

WE'VE BEEN INVADED!

June 29, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

This past weekend, Barry and I discovered little black ants had invaded our kitchen and my bathroom.

Barry looked up ants on the internet.  According to the report, little black ants have garnered the name "sugar ants".  Not a lot is known about little black ants except that they eat just about anything.

If you want to control these ants you need to keep your kitchen sink clean (bathroom sink, too).  Barry doesn't want to use bleach so he is using vinegar to control the sugar ant invasions and to clean with all the time.  (Use white vinegar)

Barry admits he has a cleaning compulsion.  So, last night he cleaned my bathroom counter and sink and and the kitchen surfaces and sink and also mopped the floors.

We discovered these ants had moved into the kitchen pantry and were in a loaf of bread and in a jar of peanut butter.  I have a cookie jar but it isn't air tight.  So, Barry bought a Rubbermaid container for our cookies.  He also plans to buy a bread container.

The weather today is perfect.  It's sunny with a temperature of 80 degrees.  Unfortunately, I'm having an "ache all over" day.

Barry bought Time's new book "1945", which has pictures and text about "The year that changed the world."  I graduated from high school in 1945.  Those memories are still vivid in my mind.  I used some of this material in my World War II love story, "Catch The Brass Ring," which can be purchased through Amazon, Kindle.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home