Tuesday, June 23, 2015

RECENT DR. VISIT

June 23, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Tam drove me to my primary care doctor's office for my four month check up last Thursday.

My only complaint was an apparent return of my hiatal hernia.  According to my research, this condition is usually caused by changes in the barrier between the stomach and the esophagus, including abnormal relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter, which normally holds the top of the stomach closed, which is a hiatal hernia.

Years ago, I discovered my hiatal hernia.  I took over the counter medications with not much relief until my doctor prescribed prevacid.  It gave me instant relief.  After some time the prevacid became available over the counter.  I've been taking it for a few years.  Recently, I have started to have more pain and talked to my doctor about it.  She prescribed a stronger dose of the prevacid than you can purchase over the counter.  She thinks that the higher dose will help.

Barry cooked us a delicious fish supper last Friday.  His baked potatoes were especially tasty.  He covers the potatoes with olive oil spray.  Then he adds salt to the potatoes skin.  He then wraps the potatoes in foil and bakes them in a 425 degree oven for about two hours.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home